potato pizza


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
August 20th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last night I had my three favorite things for dinner, potatoes cheese and pizza. It was amazing. Kemm num Corey's girlfriend took us to the pizza place Mr. Pizza in the Coex mall. It was awesome. Prior to this experience, Mike and I visited the Olympic Park for the Seoul Olympics in 1988. I have never been so inspired to want to go to the Olympics as I was walking around this park. It was beautiful. There were so many little details that went into the planning of this park, I can see why it took three years to build. My favorite part of the park was this open field, that when you looked at it, all you saw was peace. Every person that was in this park was happy, content, and did not want to be anywhere else. Mike and I got lost in this park for three hours just people watching and enjoying the sunshine. We also walked around and saw several of the gyms and tracks that were used in the Olympics. Even though these games were 20 years ago, it looks like they just happened last year, and the people that were there were very happy to explain any detail in art that was in the park. After this park experience and our wonderful pizza, Mike and Corey went to a driving range that was close by Corey's apartment. I myself, am not a golfer, but it was fun to sit and watch them hit balls. the best part was that just a few street blocks away I could see the track stadium from the Olympics 😊 which is really cool looking at night. Today Mike and I ventured across Seoul and experienced some Korean Palaces. This was really educational and beautiful. It was neat to walk in a small tour and see history. Our tour guide spoke very good English, but what was more interesting was that out of 20 people on this tour we were the only two that were actually from the States. As we walked around the Kings palace, there was a Korean movie that was being filmed, so our tour was cut a little short. What made up for this was that just next door we attended the Korean folk museum for free. Mike quickly made friends with one the volunteers of the museum, and for the better part of an hour he walked us around and explained in very good details a brief history of the 1000 year Korean dynasty. It was very educational to see all of the parts of the palace built to scale from this dynasty and it was awesome to see all the little details in artwork across the palaces and in the museum. Once we finished with this place, Mike and I went and had a quick snack and caught the subway back to Corey's apartment. tomorrow we will be boarding a train for Busan, Korea, the second largest city in Korea. Mike and I plan to be there till Thursday enjoying the beach. Then back to Seoul where Corey will be done with work and we can head off on the big voyage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb