Are We There Yet????


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

We are currently sitting in a little internet cafe in the airport in Seoul, South Korea. We have been on a plane for the last 14 hours, so you can imagine how we feel! I just bought a budweiser for $8! Luckily we only have about another two hours here in the airport and then a 5 hour flight on to Bangkok. It has been 21 hours since we left Johns Island. It is roughly 5 am on Saturday in Charleston so we are not going to call any of you and wake you up! It is currently 7 pm on Saturday here in Seoul. It will be midnight on Saturday when we finally get to Bangkok, which will be roughly 1 pm on Saturday for you guys. Figuring out the time change/difference is complicated. The Korean Air flight was very nice, but just a tad long! The sun never set during our flight and it seemed like they were constantly feeding us! We were so confused. They passed out these rolls that Emily thought were doughnuts, but they turned out to have some kind of mystery meat inside of them instead! No sweet cream filling! They were actually good though! At least we haven't gotten sick yet!
Once we get to Bangkok we will have a few hours of sleep and then start our tour with our guide, Tong. We will try and add another blog within the next few days. We just wanted to say hello and let everybody know that we are ok. Hope all is well back in the USA!


Love,
Gabe and Emily

Advertisement



11th August 2007

hhuhhhhh?
Now what in the hell is going on here? Bangkok? Did I read correctly? What in tarnation are you two doing in Bangkok? I mean, you don't just wake up one day and go to Bangkok. Gabe, are you and Emily going to adopt a foreign baby? There are plenty of good American babies here, you know. Well, you guys have fun. Bring me and Leah back something cool. I personally would like a dirty t-shirt, which shouldn't be hard to find since you guys are gonna be in a city named Bangkok. huh huh. Have fun. When are you guys getting back? Me and Leah will be coming down to Chucktown at some point here soon for the weekend.
11th August 2007

New Places
It's 11 am on Saturday here, and its hard to believe that you're not there yet. I'm glad you've had an opportunity to use this. This will be great if you have more chances to add blogs. Enjoy your trip!
12th August 2007

Nice to Hear from You!!!
Glad to hear you guys are alive and well. I would not have eaten anything with mystery meat in it, but that is also coming from an HM woman regarding food :) We miss you, love you, and hope you have a wonderful trip. SW
12th August 2007

Skins
The Redskins beat the Titans 14-6. Cambell looked pretty good when we wasn't getting sacked. The D looked great. Portis didn't play, and the first string O looked pretty bad. The running game was pathetic and the pass protection was shaky. But it was a win. Gaines Adams looked awesome for the Bucs. He impressed everybody. Let us know how the tiger thing went.
13th August 2007

Woo!
Glad to hear everything is going well. I am sure that is not the only bit of sketchy food you will eat!! Zappa plays Zappa was awesome too Gabers...I got the Dweeze's autograph and took a bunch of pics! hope to hear more soon...D

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb