A little bit of Seoul...


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 3rd 2013
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well, 72 hours sure does fly by fast! I am not ready to leave Beijing, but have to or be in trouble with Chinese Immigration officials.

We arose from sleep at 4:30am in order to get ready and depart the hotel by 6am. We took a taxi to Capital Airport and it took about 30 minutes or so. Once there, we checked in for Air China flight 123. It was a quick process and so we went to the concourse. We had about an hour and thirty minutes until departure, so we did a little shopping.

After that, we went to the Air China business class lounge. It was a very nice lounge and I wish we could have stayed there longer. They had rooms where you could sleep, a full hot buffet meal, a movie lounge, a bar, and many other nice amenities. We had a meal and coffee and then I grabbed some stuff to go, including an iced coffee and a beer.

We then headed to our gate and they were boarding already. We slipped onboard and seated ourselves. Air China 123 was an Airbus 330-200 and I was in seat 13J. I was seated next to a friendly gentleman from New York and we had great conversation during the entire two hours. Once airborne, we were served a breakfast and I opted for the Western meal.

Soon, we were on approach to Seoul's Incheon airport. It looked to be a nice day. We had set it up that we would just transit Seoul, but once on the ground, I changed all our flights and booked a hotel so we could stay. It would be a short, but worthwhile stay.

Our hotel was called the Incheon Airportel and was close by. The shuttle brought us over there and we quickly got ready to head into Seoul. We took the airport express train into the city and it was about an hour ride to Seoul Station. Once there, we transfered to Myeondong by metro. We found a great little Korean BBQ place and decided to eat there. It was excellent! After a very filling dinner, we walked up the hill to the tram station and took the tram to the top of Namsan Hill, where the Seoul tower is. It was sunset and so we stayed up there a few hours.

It was probably 9pm by the time we took the tram back down and made our way back to Incheon. We were very tired and the only ones on the express train. Once back at the airport, it was a quick bus connection to the hotel.

It was pretty easy to fall asleep...


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb