How to do a Cheap Lunch in S.Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Itaewon
October 21st 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sweet Fall FruitSweet Fall FruitSweet Fall Fruit

Plentiful in S.Korea!
***Today the kids and I wanted something diffrent than sandwiches for lunch. Everyone back home knows all about the Kimbap that Lina eats all the time. So here are the pictures! Its very cheap too! We bought 2 Kimbap rolls and a bucket of spicy noodles, 2 permisons, along with a bag of chips and it all costs about $4.50 cents.

We love the buckets of spicy noodles. Put in a slice of Kraft american cheese and it's even yummier! That's Damien favorite! Lina ops for a simple kimbap roll with just ham (spam) and rice rolled in Seaweed. The traditional roll has egg, a pickled radish, carrots and some sort of brown root wrapped in rice and seaweed. It looks like a California Sushi roll but theres no seafood or avocado in it. You can find these almost anywhere and at anytime. They are even eaten for breakfest.

The Permissons were just something new for us to try as it seems to be a popular fall fruit here. I'm sure it's cheaper to try it here than the states. I remember tasting it in Italy once in our host nation class. You eat the inside which is soft and a bit mushy and has a honeylike flavor. It's okay not something to rave about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Noodles and ChipsNoodles and Chips
Noodles and Chips

Damiens favorite
Regular KimbapRegular Kimbap
Regular Kimbap

Veggies and Egg rolled in rice/seaweed
Spicy hot!Spicy hot!
Spicy hot!

Add cheese please!


25th October 2007

This is Bigbrother
I find you who visited my blog. what a prettt girl she is! your daughter can use chopsticks, It's a great. you have a good family and happy man. Good speed!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb