Palyongdong, Changwon, South Korea - Our New Home


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangnam-do » Changwon
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Palyongdong, Changwon, South Korea - Our New Home

 Asia » South Korea » Changwon By CatBrook
May 23rd 2007
Catherine Easterbrook
So i've started a blog which means that the all too infrequent emails will probably disappear altogether now - sorry in advance! As you may or may not know i've been here over a month now and so much has already happened. I will hopefully write about it at some point but not now because Saturday night is fast approaching and there is cheap and plentiful alcohol to be enjoyed. It is indeed a nation of drinkers; there are two main local drinks, one of which is drunk from shot glasses, the other from bowls; both are lethal. Tonight we're going out with a couple we met in the Supermarket. Only in a place such as Palyongdong where westerners are rarely sight (we've seen four in over a month) could it be perfectly acceptable to meet a couple in a supermarket and after a 2 minute chat arrange a night of drinking. So for now some photos of our new home.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th May 2007

a star is born
they say that there is a blog born every minute. and yours is the most beautiful, though of course i might be a little bias. (and what are those bottles on the kitchen table?) x
29th May 2007

Woman =)
You´re out and about again- good on ya´ girl. Suppose I´m getting to old for all that (can´t believe I actually wrote that ...) I´m so looking forward to read all about you´re adventures. ......... and at last I got to see a photo of Paul, you´re such a sweet couple. Lot´s of love Monika xxxx
2nd September 2010

Memories
Thanks Catherine for the photos which triggered some good memories. I used to live in Changwon from 1997-2002 and enjoyed looking at pics of the city again. I think the itinerant teacher in Korea has a good idea regarding your lifestyle, living quarters, and neighborhoods...and yeah, the idea of drinking with someone you met and feeling perfectly fine about it, is common to us expats. The city has grown a little since I've been there...my wife and I went last year--there is now a Starbucks...a few more shopping malls...a TGIF's (I think) and more...the downtown scene is fun as is the Yong Ji Mote area....going to Masan or Busan on a weekend is well worth doing. The IP or O'Briens can be fun too^^. Have a great Korean stay and soak up the experience.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb