Gyeongju


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangbuk-do » Gyeongju
October 1st 2005
Published: November 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Gyeong-Ju:Hanging out and enjoying the sightsGyeong-Ju:Hanging out and enjoying the sightsGyeong-Ju:Hanging out and enjoying the sights

Gyeong-Ju has so many cultural sites and activities with a pop. of 300, 000.
Well, another long weekend and off on an adventure korea tour! We went to Gyeong-Ju (south east of Seoul). The attractions are Mt Namsan. A very popular mountain for climbing with a great view of Sillas cultural properties. About 2 hours up and down. There are many Buddist tombs and Shrines you can find in the mountains and preserved in the area. The temples are beautiful as the builders or I guess designers have been known for their craftsmanship. We stayed in a beautiful HOSTEL- well it didn't seem like a hostel. I wonderful group of people went on teh tour and yes many Canadians, but many Europeans this time as well. I do have more pics of teh hostel and other such places from teh weekend but have yet to retrieve them. So here are a few. Enjoy!I certainly got my fill of hiking this weekend! That's all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

"Museum without walls""Museum without walls"
"Museum without walls"

A beautiful city visited my many and inhabited by 300, 000 . A place to hike and view wonderful historic relics.
Beautiful temples and tombsBeautiful temples and tombs
Beautiful temples and tombs

Many were built into the mountain.
Inside the temple with budda in lotus positionInside the temple with budda in lotus position
Inside the temple with budda in lotus position

Hey Yoga girls! Check out the positioning of the hands and fingers!
Shall I make a wish?Shall I make a wish?
Shall I make a wish?

Chris and Mike making a wish as they built a sculpture. Careful it doesn't fall or you will have bad luck instead!
Just look real closely!Just look real closely!
Just look real closely!

After viewing all the buddist monks and their temples we walked back to our hostel to find this outside a store!!!
The next day and off to hike the mountain!The next day and off to hike the mountain!
The next day and off to hike the mountain!

Cucumbers anyone! Chris was well prepared!
Up we go!!!!Up we go!!!!
Up we go!!!!

Perfect weather - a bit of a breeze
An area of appreciationAn area of appreciation
An area of appreciation

You may leave flowers or burn incense and make spend time visiting the buddas carved in the rock.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb