Dobongsan


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do
September 28th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Dobongsan Panorama 18 secs
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but


Koreans are really into hiking.

Especially on a weekend in the National Park that's so close to Seoul, you can get to it by subway. Who knew?


The views were a bit different from what you would expect. I love how the haze makes the city seem to blend into the horizon. The buildings could go on forever.


There were three peaks clustered into this one area, and the hiking got STEEP.


In fact, I think it's safe to say that the last leg of the highest peak turned into climbing instead of hiking. This was not nearly as fun as it looked. It's the only place on the trail where I can really say that the number of people detracted from the experience. The views were amazing, but there wasn't room to take off my backpack to get at my camera.


So I went to this peak and took some pictures instead.


You'll just have to settle for those. Many apologies.


The other two peaks, including the main one with it's steady stream of commuter-hikers.


I love how dramatic the landscape is, especially when it literally boarders a metropolitan area.


At the bottom of the mountain. Take a guess what this store sold.


Give up?


Hiking gear. Including, but not limited to, windbreakers.



Because what's a good hike without a view from the bottom for bragging rights?



Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb