Letter


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear. Mr. Lee

I truly want to express my appriciation about what you've done as the Mayor of Seoul and CEO of Hyundae Construction. When you were a Mayor, you adopted an evvironmental policy. You revived the Cheong-gye stream. And you also earned a lot of money by pragmatic policies, when you were a CEO. Korean citizens voted for you without hesitation because of your practical pledges. One of them is the FTA with US. The FTA ratification is necessary to tighten an alliance with US as well as boom the Korean economy.

Importing US beef is not, however, right in twofold. US beef could cause mad cow disease which poses a health threat to consumers. Our government did not secure the enough BSE vaccine and gave up our quarantine sovereignty. Once the citizens who have an imported beef get mad cow disease, there is no way to prevent the introdunction and spread of BSE. Without sufficient safty measure, there is no US beef import.

In addition, if South Korea fully opens its market to US beef, Korea market would be deteriorated. Comparing to US beef, Korean beef is far more expensive. If both US and Korea beef are sate, everyone would choose cheaper one which means US ones.

I urge Korean government to prepare something to protect our beef market and health. The government needs to re-negoticate about
beef import, make a law to protect our beef market like quota and last but not least, should take account of citizens' saying. Don't lock the stable door after the steed is stolen.

Without futher delay, please show your effort about this matter of urgent national concern.

Sincerely,
Su jin, KIM

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb