Mt. SangWang(Mt.Gaya)


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Chungcheongnam-do
April 13th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

<-Climbing the Mountain, Which has not only one of the most famous temple in Korea, but is also surrounded by quite a big reservoir.>

On Saturday, I've been to Mt.SangWang as a tourist of a package tour.
At Mt.SangWang I've seen clean reservoir, a herd of cattle, among the Korea's top 4 temple, fully bloomed flowers, and some small mountain animals.
It's a mild slope compare with other moutains, so it's easy to climbing without distinction of age or sex.
The day when I've been to there was a little bit chilly and was a light foggy because of the reason that Mt.SangWang is licated near the west sea.
Even though the day was hazy, the air was so fresh and cool.
During climbing the mountain, I saw lots of people, then I remember the day was closed to the buddhist day.
There was various colors of buddhistic light along the path.
About 30 mins climbing the mountain, I reached the Gea Sim temple, which is among the 4 most famous temple in Korea.
The meaning of the temple's name is "open your mind".
It's famous for a novitiate of buddhist priests, so Some part of temple is not allowed to enter.
Furthermore, the temple is made by natural things, so I was so surprised that the pillars,
because they are not shaved.
Those are just cutted and are just standed.
At the temple, I've seen small mountain animals and lots of flowers, especially the cherry blossom was really gorgeous.
When I reached top of the mountain, it was still coudy.
If the weather was good, I could see the west sea.
I climbed dowm with a feeling of regret.


*When to go: All year, but it's better to go there between April and May, so you could see the green and blue cherry blossoms which is not common.

*How Long: From Seoul, it takes only 1and half hour by car.

*Planning : You'd better bring a lunch box. Of course there are some restaurant, but it's not organized.

*Inside information: To reach the enterance, it is requested to walk about 10 mins.

*Recommandation: Near the Mt SangWang, there are some famouse places to visit. So you'd better join the package tour or take a car with a guide book.

*Recommand to visit!!
1.Gan Wor Am
Only about 30 mins by car you can go to a temple from the mountain, which is floated on the sea.
Actually it's not floated, but it looks like foated on the sea.
You can enter the temple using a small boat or when at the low tide.
It is very small one but has a famous historical reason.

2.A-San GongSeRi Church.
About 30mins from the GanWorAm, there is a one of the oldest church in ChungChung.
Not so big church, but you can see nice gothic architecture.

3.Pinacle Land
About 10mins from the church, you can reach a newly made beatiful park.
It is perfectly suite for family visiters and couples.
It is made on the not steep hill.
Lot's of gorgeous flowers are blossomed, especially the tulip is really really fantastic.
In there, you can enjoy a small zoo, small fountain, funny and interesting archtectures, and small jazz concert.
Also you can rest at the bench, eat at the buffet.
For visiters, there is some classes which make some home furnishings, and herb classes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb