Helicopter day - school life


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
September 21st 2012
Published: January 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today started out as a typical Friday morning, until I got to school! As soon as I arrived I spotted a load of vans and strange people walking around. All the 4th grade girls rushed up to tell me that something called "Golden Time" had some to school for the day and that it was "drama". I had the impression that it was a theatre group that had come to put a show on for the school.

There was some interesting messages popping up on the school's messaging service - a helicopter would be landing in the yard at the end of 2nd period! 20mins into our class it landed, kicking up a massive cloud of dirt and dust as it did. As the rotors wound down, an ambulance raced in through the gate, circled the yard before coming to a sudden stop beside the helicopter. I started to think that this was an emergency medical transfer or something, but they only took out an empty gurney and stood around.

Finally everything clicked - "Golden Time" is a TV show and they were shooting part of an episode here! Needless to say there was no English learned 'til the crew departed after lunch! Our next two classes just watched the action enfolding in the yard which gradually included more and more people and two more helicopter take-offs and landings! On of the 5th graders got very hysterical after one of the more famous cast members came up with her puppy to have her photo taken with the class!

An interesting start to the weekend 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb