Kebapistan


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have decided to learn Korean so this morning we headed off to the water works (!) building in Busan and headed for the 8th floor where our class awaited. As we arrived an hour late there were not enough Korean teachers to go around so were given Dave, a bloke from Essex who has lived in Korea for 5 years. We learnt sod all, there was no Korean spoken and I consumed most of the snacks that were on offer out of boredom! After an hour we left and headed for the University area, called the P&U area where we had arranged to meet friends at a kebab house. Back home a kebab house is not normally the sort of place I would voluntary eat at unless I was drunk but there was a rumour that this place sold falafel and hummus. Andy and I couldn’t believe our eyes when we seen the menu; falafel, hummus, tzatziki, pita bread and RICE PUDDING!!!!! We spent a small fortune but we left completely satisfied with a takeaway container full of hummus ready to eat on our traditional Sunday nights in with wine, cheese and six feet under.

Next stop was Haeundai
Back to schoolBack to schoolBack to school

Our packed classroom. We were forced to sit outside with Dav in the corridor as there was no room.
where we discovered TACO a small hole in the wall selling tacos. Again, I wouldn’t normally get excited by this back at home but we are so sick of eating Korean food that anything western is worth a million pound. We weren't even hungry but we couldn’t walk past and not order anything just in case next time we happen to pass it would be closed down for good like so many Korean restaurants who one week appear to be bustling and open and the next week closed down for good.

Stuffed and happy we headed for Starface a pub that offered drink as much as you like on gin, vodka and whisky for £7.50. We felt like we were back at home as the bar was a bit like a run down pub and a grotty social club mixed together! After getting our moneys worth we jumped into a taxi and headed off to the Fuzzy Naval for some dancing. When we arrived we realised we had entered the ghetto; this was to be our first experience of a hip hop night in Korea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

on the trainon the train
on the train

Kelsey, Nate and Andy getting excited as we head for falafal and hummus
The Manchester United storeThe Manchester United store
The Manchester United store

Korean's love football, espically United. Although sadly they still think Beckham plays for them.


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb