The Tesco experience


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
January 30th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our attempts of going to the other side of the world to experience a new culture, new people, and new shops were dashed when we spotted a TESCO at the end of the road. We are partly grateful for the opportunity to buy cheese, wine, earl grey and Heinz soups but the sheer size of the store and the amount of people that are found in there daily makes for a very, very scary experience.

Yes, you can buy BOGOFF's

Yes, the shelf tags are just like the ones found at home

Yes, you can buy tesco finest

The only difference is you can actually taste the food before you buy which means you can feed yourself at TESCO for free and therefore you don't really have to buy the item you intended too!





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Children's clothing areaChildren's clothing area
Children's clothing area

ALL children in Korean appear to wear glasses so to make this mannequin look really realistic he is wearing glasses!
The sun visorThe sun visor
The sun visor

Koreans are scared of the sun so most of them wear sun visors to protect their faces which are GIGANTIC. This man's was the biggest we had seen, we chased him round the supermarket to get a close up!
Fresh crab anyone?Fresh crab anyone?
Fresh crab anyone?

This live crab was literally taken out from his murky water and put striaght into the cooking pot before our eyes. All Em could think of was Sebastian from the little mermaid!
BOGOFF !BOGOFF !
BOGOFF !

crabs await their fate !
Another free food stallAnother free food stall
Another free food stall

This guy is always here offering free steak
And anotherAnd another
And another

If only they did this in Marks and Sparks....
The spam aisleThe spam aisle
The spam aisle

spam is a delicacy here! Rows upon rows in aisles are dedicated to the stuff and at Christmas you can buy hampers full to the brim with spam which Korean's tend to give to the foreign teachers to make them feel more at home!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb