TIME TO GO HOME!!!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island » Siloso Beach
March 19th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi readers

Well where were we? Oh yes on Koh Lipe and moving back to a superior bungalow - well, we were lucky they had one but we had to spend three nights in the standard - not so good. As we said cold shower but air con - unfortunately the bloody air con packed up so not a good night's sleep on the last night. So glad to be back to superior even though Bob thinks he has let down the backpacking fraternity by us being wimps. Spent most of the time on the beach during the day and during evening eating and drinking (can't wait to get home to lose weight!!) but we have had the most brilliant time. Booked our snorkelling trip but the day was a bit overcast and windy and not a lot of coral or fish to be seen as water cloudy. We had three Swedes on our boat, a couple and a man making a film taking in all Asia as he would like to buy some sea (dur!) and build an underwater hotel where everyone stays in a fish tank like they have in Dubai. We stopped for lunch on a beautiful little island and were supposed to stay there for an hour - Bob had a swim, got out his cock (sorry book!) and we settled down for a while. The Swedes had eaten their lunch and immediately retreated back on the boat so as not to be rude we had to join them. Returned back to Lipe at 2.15 instead of 4.00 pm. Just as well in the end as we had just got back to our bungalow and the heavens opened for about 1 hour. Had a wonderful fishy meal in the evening - fish all laid out and you just pick what you would like. I chose four enormous Tiger prawns with a jacket and Bob chose a large piece of Barracuda which was BBQ for us. Yesterday we got up early and caught the Longtail boat to the ferry which we took to Pakbara where we picked up our air con state of the art minibus - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a beaten up old bloody thing with no air con well apart from opening the windows. After a very hot journey of about 2 hours we were dropped off at Hat Yai train station. After a few words and insisting that we had already paid they wanted us to produce our ticket but of course we had handed it in at Pakbara - the long and short of it was that the driver took us to the airport and off we flew to Bangkok where a man was waiting for us for our hotel for the night - luverly. We were returned by minbus this morning to Bangkok and flew here to Singapore. We are staying on Sentosa Island. Our room is really fab but the place is swarming with families. Good grief everything is so expensive. Tonight went out for a small beer and bacadi - 11 pounds. Our meal was okay and only came to 16 pounds which is slightly different to what we have been paying. Anyway dinner in the hotel would have cost 45 pounds each. Oh well our journey is almost over (arrive home Saturday evening) and we hope that you have enjoyed it with us. We will send photos when we arrive home.

Thanks for reading.

LOL Lyn and Bob xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb