SE Asia Adventure -- 2013


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
October 24th 2013
Saved: November 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Left San Diego at 4:40PM on Amtrack to Union Station then shuttle to LAX and 17 1/2 flight to Canton, China. 7 hour layover in Guangchou (ie. Canton). 4 hours to Singapore Changi International.

Tweet 2 hr's 20 min to union station + 10 min wait for airport express & 3 hours to spare. $38 total. The only way to get from San Diego to LAX.

at Changi airport in Singapore grabbed a taxi to Elizabeth's Guesthouse at Newton Circus.

Amazing flight over the city. Pilot had to take a south to north approach so got a great view of the narrow Strait that separates the citystate from the Indonesian island of Sumatra -- and the hundreds of big boats going thru and waiting their turn. If it wasn't so hazy I,d consider taking a chopper over it.



Let me tell you about Singapore. Singapore is an island city. Its population is about 5 millions people. Most Singaporeans live in high-rise apartments.

Uhm…Singapore is a beautiful city with lots of parks and open spaces. It is also a very clean city. You know, the business district is very modern, with lots of tall and new buildings.

Now, let me tell you about the old section of the city. In Chinatown, there are rows of old shop houses. The government buildings in Singapore are also very unique and antique. They date from the British colonial days.

Singapore is famous for its many good shopping centers. Most of the goods are duty free.

What about food? Its delicious. Singapore’s restaurants provide Chinese, Indian, Malay, and European food.

Prices are at European or North American levels.

Well, since Singapore lies near the equatorial line, of course, it has a tropical climate -- hot and humid so prepare your daily duties around locales with A/C.



On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 2:22 AM, John Hambleton wrote:

Had lots of problems at lax and gangzchow sending emails but all is well in Singapore. more later


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb