the Seven Skies Wreck


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
May 15th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Dive No. 1 - 15/05/06 - Seven Skies Depth-43.3m Time 96-min
This was the first dive of the week and we listened to Jack give his briefing on the dive and the techniques, disciplines and rules for the diving during the coming week.
We made a gradual descent down the transfer line to the main anchor line. At this point we could see the funnel of the wreck. We made a brief check on our equipment before descending further. Because this was the first dive, we decided not to enter the wreck but to explorer the outside. The super structure was mostly intact but the wheel house had fallen forward on to the deck covers. We made our ascent back to the transfer lines to complete our decompression plan plus an additional 30 minutes safety stop. This was to build in extra safety because of the planned 2 deep dives per day.

Dive No. 2 - 15/05/06 - Seven Skies Depth-36.2m Time 97-min
The second dive of the day and the first with Jack instructing Jacky and me for the ERD course. The briefing seemed quite straight forward and we knew what we were going to do during the dive. Once on the wreck, Jack switched into instructor mode and started a number of excises, which involved stage cylinder removal and replacement, regulator swapping and gas switching. This is when you start to feel inadequate because this guy is so slick, he's a pleasure to watch. Once again our bottom time was up and the time came to make our ascent and complete our deco plans.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb