18 Hours in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
December 11th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at 2am, dragged out from 11 hours from LA to Tokyo and then 7 hours from Tokyo to Singapore - but who can complain when you fly business class? Good food, movies, long sleeps and good company.

Despite the brief meltdown in the airport and ensuing taxi ride we awoke to have a fun day's adventure in Singapore.

Highlights:

Being horizontal and sleeping in.
FREE breakfast on the executive floor with great views and delicious asian delights.
Walking the Marina, taking lots of pictures and just meandering without agenda or direction (or a map).
Delighting in the little things (and Tamra suffering through the soupy heat).
Tamra was VERY glad they had Starbucks.

Singapore has very little soul, lots of shopping and food and is undoubtedly one of the cleanest cities in the world - it's actually a little creepy how clean it is!

We took a public bus back to the airport to catch a flight to Koh Samui.

Next stop: Thailand


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Beer With ObamaBeer With Obama
Beer With Obama

When wearing our Obama shirts, we are delightfully surprised at the positive response to our next president.
Raffles MarinaRaffles Marina
Raffles Marina

Apparently, there was some Brit named Raffles because EVERYTHING is named Raffles...Raffles Marina, Raffles Ave., Raffles Travel, Raffles Starbucks.


14th December 2008

So glad you arrived safely. Singapore is indeed sterile and boring. The food in the open food courts is terrific - wonderful Chai tea everywhere. Can smell it now. Loving you both. Maggie
15th December 2008

What a joy!
It's so wonderful to see you two having fun. Enjoy your time meandering. You deserve having no agenda for your lovely days of pleasure and adventure. Seek not a destination, but the constant joy of the open road and jungle pathways of butterfly filled magical sunlight.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb