Clean but exspensive


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
May 26th 2007
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

HugeHugeHuge

Patronas towers in Kuala Lumpur
After Spending a pretty chilled out night in Krabi, we were once again on the a bus heading south to Malaysia, really good comfy bus with leg room which was a novelty. Arriving in Kuala lumpur we were surprised how built up the place was it was huge, we spent a few days here eating fast food as it was the cheapest option, the beer was sky high so no drinking for us here. We visited the towers and got stuck in the rain nearing ten times and when it rained it bloody rained and when the sun was out it was bloody out.
Then it was off to Singapore for a two night stay in probably the cleanest city I’ve ever been to, you get fined for dropping cigarette buts and I hared a roomer you can only get chewing gum threw your doctor other wise it was banned. We were heading for the main backpackers area which was little India, i have never seen as many Indian people in my life there were hundreds of people on the streets so many you had to weave your way through them just to get down the road. The hostel here was nice and it was the first time we had stayed in a dorm as there hadn’t been a great deal so far, but it was good, met a couple of lads from Brighton and some real posh boys from England who were funny. We visited the famous Raffles hotel. Gray had the Singapore sling ( a popular cocktail made in the long bar where he had it) this bar had great fans on the ceiling and huge tubs of monkey nuts on each table which are very morish we found. And once you have finished with the shell you just drop them on the floor and they get cleaned up later on in the day. I haven’t mentioned the prices of this place yet Singapore is so expensive its unreal. Gary paid 25 dollars for his Singapore sling. Thought I was going for the cheaper option with my pint of Guinness and got stung with a service charge which took the price up to 20 dollars, the first and last beer that expensive that I’ll ever have.
The next day we made our way to the Airport on the tube and train and boarded for AUSTRALIA. (just a word of warning if you are travelling and stopping at Singapore Airport there are no hard boiled sweets in small packages I don’t want you to make the same mistake I did please go prepared just a small pack of werthers maybe), and security is tight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb