Bolinao + Dagupan + Baguio Adventure


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Pangasinan » Bolinao
June 27th 2013
Published: June 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I usually plan this type of trip every year with my High School friends. The first plan was to go to Baler, Aurora. But my friend told me that going to Baler was not worth the time and the money since I was looking for a place near Manila. Then my friend suggested that we should stay at her province in Dagupan. So I researched places to see in Pangasinan. I finally decided to go to Bolinao, Pangasinan. I think going to Hundred Islands is overrated and Bolinao seems to be worth going to and it’s a place I have never heard of.

We left Manila at 3am rode a 5 star bus going straight to Dagupan. We arrived Dagupan at around 8 in the morning. We ate at this new restaurant calledKubonuan which is located at the main road of Dagupan City. Their food is delicious since they serve famous delicacies from Pangasinan. We ordered bangus sisig; Kalderetang Kambing; Pigar Pigar and other meals. Our bill was only 900 for 7pax. If you’re tired of the usual Matutina, you can also try this new Restaurant, Kubunuoan a good place to dine in Pangasinan. After eating a heavy meal, we went straight to my friend’s Ancestral house and left our things there. My friend’s driver picked us up at their house then we went straight to Bolinao. After doing research on where to go in Bolinao, we decided to go to the Enchanted Cave, which is located in Brgy. Patar, Bolinao. The entrance fee is 90. I think your money will only be worth it if you will swim inside the natural pool. But if you will not swim inside the cave you can just pass by this area. After going to the famous Enchanted Cave we went straight to the Bolinao Lighthouse. This is a must see, since you will have the chance to see the whole view of Bolinao and their entrance is free.

We tried to look for a decent resort in Brgy. Patar. We first went to treasures of Bolinao Resort but we felt that it was too crowded for us, they also charged us with an Entrance fee of 381Php for the use of their facilities. We decided not to go there. Then we went to a public beach, me and my friends also felt that it was too crowded for us. Then we decided to move and searched for a resort which has no people in it. We saw this resort and thought it was private. We asked the locals if we can go inside their resort. They told us that we just have to pay 300 for a cottage and 100 for parking. We were so glad to find this secluded beach resort since we were the only ones who were there and felt like it was just ours. We had our lunch their and stayed their till 7pm. We went back to our house in Dagupan.

Come morning, the first plan was to go swimming at San Marino, but I and my crazy friends decided to go to Baguio since it was just a two hour bus ride from Dagupan. We went to the Victory Liner terminal and the driver told us that the aircon bus has just left and we would have to wait for 20 more minutes. There was an ordinary bus w/o aircon we rode it. It was our first time to ride a non aircon bus to Baguio. It was so fun since the weather was cool and that we only spent 130 for a one-way ride. We arrived Baguio at lunch time and decided to eat at the Manor Camp John Hay. We had to tea, coffee, hot chocolate and pastries. After eating snacks at Manor, we decided to buy pasalubongs at the Market. After buying pasalubongs at the Market. We went to the Victory liner terminal. We arrived at the terminal at 4pm and they told us that the next trip was 8pm. We were all panicking since we have work the next day and did not want to leave Baguio at that time. It was so intense. We then decided to just have fun and eat at some place in Baguio. We suddenly saw the Genesis terminal. It was so empty and there were no lines. It was like God’s Savior we then asked when the next trip is and they told us that the next bus would leave at 4:30pm. We refunded our tickets at Victory Liner and rode the next bus at Genesis Bus. We felt so relieved and bought takeout pizza for our dinner. We arrived manila at around 11pm. This trip was one of the craziest, very spontaneous and a very tiring trip that I have ever been too and I will never truly forget.

For More information about my Bolinao Dagupan Baguio Adventure visit my blogger account at http://booklangngbook.blogspot.com/2013/04/bolinao-dagupan-baguio-adventure.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb