A stroll through the freeport zone...


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Pampanga » Clark
August 3rd 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi ☺ This was supposed to be posted days ago. However, wedding preps and work took most of our time for the past few days. Anyway, here's the account of our mini field trip on 18 July, 2016.

We were feeling a bit lazy and wanted a leisurely stroll through the freeport zone. We didn't want to go to the Parade Grounds as we wanted a place that's more private (although we'd surely go for the free Wi-Fi there haha ☺). We first thought of going back to Green Canyon Eco Art Resort, but was dissuaded by the PhP 500 environmental fee per person (that's consumable at the hotel's Palette Restaurant). We didn't want to spend that much that day as we were saving for something else. And so we settled with Picnic Grounds.

We got to the Picnic Grounds at about 10:30 in the morning. We were quite unlucky as the park was actually being reconditioned although the admin let us in for a PhP 20 entrance fee. They're also working on a new attraction inside for kids - Insectlandia (?). The park's management will be putting giant insects for kids to appreciate. Yes, giant insects. Well, we just took random photos around the area.

The Dinosaurs Island Theme Park is just at the back of the Picnic Grounds. I actually wanted to go inside, but the fee was PhP 350. Again, we weren't prepared to spend for that day. So, we just took photos at the entrance. I actually told Edward that we should try it next time. Of course, that will be scheduled. Edward was tinkering with his camera's settings and practiced taking photos of a cat sleeping on a park bench. I couldn't budge him. ☺ After the photo ops of the kitty cat, we decided to go for lunch. I suggested Lomi House.

On our way to Lomi House, Edward decided to stop over at El Kabayo. It is a replica of an old Western cowboy town. The horses were at the back of the structures, already eating their lunch for the day. Like me, my fiancé loves taking photos of anything he sees out of the ordinary. He loves marveling about the wonders of nature. I gave him time to roam around the place and take shots, while I follow him and take photos of him taking photos. ☺ El Kabayo offers activities for the visitors like horseback riding, trail riding and riding lessons. Again, that would be for some other time. It was just a quick visit at El Kabayo.

We had our lunch at the famous Lomi House in Clark, known for its Lomi, obviously. It looks more like a canteen with an air conditioned dining area and an outdoor dining area for smokers. Aside from Lomi, they also offer sumptuous budget meals. We actually ordered a lot. I mean A LOT. I would say, it is definitely one of the best budget Filipino restaurants I have ever tried. Really. And we're definitely going back. ☺

After lunch, I suggested we take a peek at Puning Hot Springs and Sand Spa. It was a 30-minute ride outside the freeport zone. We were a bit worried at first as we thought our Baby Wigo would not last the rough road. But he did! ☺ We arrived at Puning Station 1, the restaurant. We were laughing to ourselves; we realized that it was actually an expensive spa resort. Puning Hot Springs and Sand Spa is a unique spa at the foot of Mt. Pinatubo. The whole package tour costs PhP 3,500 - from station 1 - the restaurant, station 2 - the hot springs, and station 3 - sand spa. We decided to leave and schedule another day for this adventure.

We ended our mini trip at Kanana Cafe - our favorite chill out cafe in Clark. We used to go Tré (also in Clark), but the ambiance of Kanana is much more relaxing for us. Plus, Tré recently folded up. Kanana has a limited menu. They only offer hot and cold coffee drinks, about 3 to 4 cake selection and Patbingsu (Korean shaved ice dessert). Edward loves their Homemade Cheeseburger and Yogurt Frappuccino. I always order their Carrot Cake and hot Caramel Macchiato. It's our usual. ☺

Now, I have a lot on my list to be scheduled for another trip.

Enjoy browsing through our pictures! ☺☺☺

♥ Gel ♥

♥♥♥ Edward and Gel ♥♥♥


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb