El Nido, Philippines with Emily, Mom, & Dad


Advertisement
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » El Nido
January 31st 2012
Published: February 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Living on a subtropical island such as Taiwan means that the winter does indeed bring cool weather, with conditions perhaps comparable to a damp autumn day in North America. Nevertheless, traveling south past the tropic of cancer, which passes through Taiwan near the medium sized city of Chiayi, puts you in swimming-year-round territory, and another hour south by plane brings you to the Philippine... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




1st February 2012

Great blog!
We will go to the Philippines in November/December and this sounds like an interesting spot. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. What was the name of the hotel with the pool? Looks like a nice pool.
1st February 2012

re__
We stayed at Rosanna's Cottages for most of the trip, which looked like pretty much the best huts in all of El Nido, and totally ocean front. The fancier place was called El Nido Garden Resort. I tried really hard to make a reservation there before the trip, but they never responded to e-mails, and the front desk wasn't able to take reservations for some reason. It was a great place for a splurge though!
3rd February 2012

Nice pictures!
And great blog. And I agree, El Nido wins hands down.
5th February 2012

Your trip!
Looks like a wonderful place. I would be interested in getting more info about the airfares and a few other things. Have you ever been to Bohol Island? Right off the island is another island called Panglao. It is a good spot and very reasonable. While there you can visit the Chocolate Hills, see the smallest marsupial and go out and watch dolphins feeding in a deep trench about 1/2 hour off the island. You should give it a try on one of your next adventures.
9th February 2012

re_
Sounds awesome! I will consider it next time! For Eli Nido, there are various airlines into Puerto Pricesa for super cheap, then a 5-8 hours bus or van ride. You can also fly direct to El Nido three times a week on Southeast Asian Airlines, but it is comparatively very expensive.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb