Simply Dumaguete


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros » Dumaguete
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

When my friend told me that we're choosing Dumaguete as our destination for our three-day trip I was a little skiptical about it, thinking that the place is quite unfamiliar and a little unpopular among tourists yet. But after a few discussion and deliberation we all agreed, (what?... one vote against three?, okay, you won!). Since my friend (Iya) was kinda little excited and willing to settle everything and do the "researching" thing, we just paid for the ticket, and leave it all to her. We stayed in a Hotel ( what was the name again? ops I forgot!) one room two queen size beds. The hotel was quite okay, although we were just a little disappointed about the "internet connection" because it said to be included but it wasn't working. Since 'twas already lunch time when we arrived at the hotel we decided to find a place to eat, after a few minutes of finding a place to be, we all settled eating in a fast food chain ( note: the lady at the counter was speaking in visayan (what did she say?) we couldn't understand her, so get ready to pack some visayan dialect) near the hotel since we're all exhausted to walk for an extra kilometer. Second day, time to explore the town. We headed our way to the famous Siliman University, the guard permitted us to enter but we had to leave our ids and wear visitor tags. We actually anticipated to see some foreigner students becuse it's an international university but since it was Saturday so we just saw a few. We entered the Anthropological Museum and saw stuff like burried pots, witchcraft stuff, traditional clothing... it's amazing to know how old people used those things in their daily lives. Lunch time at Cafe Antonio...
I thought the place was amazing, 'twas some sort of spansih house preserved and the owner later decided to make it a cafeteria. When I entered the place it felt like I was being brought back to the spanish era here in the Philippines, you'll see old paintings, the interior design was sort of spansih inspired.
I had steak and a glass of strawberry shake with kiwi extract ( the best strawberry shake i've ever tasted!). The food was reasonably affordable and really gives a good value for your money. We didn't leave for a while, we explored the place, took pictures and stumbled upon every amazing thing we saw.
Next spot, headed toward the north, we went to the Cathedral and we saw the bell tower which I thought was pretty big. Near it is the town plaza, we were pretty lucky because there was a festival happening in the area. We got tired of walking so we just decided to take a tricycle (common transfo in Dumaguete) going to our next destination. After exploring the whole the town, we headed back to the hotel and took a warm bath and got ready for another set of adventure...



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

pianopiano
piano

guests can play the piano...it's working


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb