Zamboaga Trip


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mindanao
December 2nd 2005
Published: December 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We travelled Zamboanga and its nearby provinces Basilan Isabela, Dapitan City, Jolo Sulo sometime in 2005. Zamboanga is composed of three districts, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay.

In Dapitan City, you will see the old house of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal, where he was exiled in 1800s. It is in this place where he inspiringly wrote his poems and started the Noli Me Tangere, etc. The park is facing the see and has a huge stone where he and Ms. Leonora had their sweetnothings together.

Neaby is Dakak Resort, a manicured landscaped garden with planty of cottages and rest houses. It has a large swimpool and adjacent to it is a white sand sea shore.

In Zamboanga del Norte you will see Lakewood, a lake ontop of the mountain. Historically, this mountain erupted sometime in 1600s and is dormant since then. However, the water settled within the peremiter of its crater making it a lake.

The rumored critical peace and order in Basilan and Jolo, Philippines did not hinder the team from going there. Actually, this rumor served as a challenge for the team to really see the place. Going to Isabela, we visited the Hospital named before Edeborah Yap, a nurse with a brave heart, who nursed and taxed her life to save kidnapped tourists (remember the news?). Basilan is actually peaceful then, it has plenty of rubber trees line-up like soldiers in combat.

We've flown to Jolo through SeaAir, and experience of flying in a dragonfly. T'was exhotic!! We stayed there for about 10hours, visited the hospital housing cured and recuperating leprosy patients. Sadddd. At around 7pm we sailed to Zamboanga via ship. We arrived Zamboanga City at around 4am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb