Hubo Falls, Tupi, South Cotabato


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mindanao » South Cotabato
December 4th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are at Hubo Falls , Tupi, South Cotabato on December 4, 2011, Sunday. My friends from Mang Gorio planned to have an excursion. We wished to reach the top of Mount Matutum but since it's a bit difficult, we changed the plan. Glenn set up the necessities for our adventure to Hubo. He instructed me to be present at exactly 6 am in our meeting place at Tupi. The weather is not good. When I checked the accuweather, it forecasted that the day in General Santos will be rainy. The scheduled 6 am was moved to 7 am. Koronadal City experienced a heavy rain too and most of the group resided in that area. Despite the bad weather, we don't want to change the plan. The plan is to get wet,so it is either in the rain or through a water falls. The 4 motorcycles helped us reach the destination easier. At around 9 am, we headed to the house of a kagawad of a Barangay in Tupi for us to be registered as adventurer of Hubo Falls. Well, we need a tour guide, a local and experienced mountain hiker, to keep us away from trouble especially when we expect a downpour of rain. It took us nearly 30 minutes through a bike in going to a place where we can start walking. The rain is already pouring down but we still continue the hike. Supposedly, we will have a river and cave trek that will take us nearly 2 hours but since we cannot predict the flow of the water in the river, the tour guide instructed us to follow a different route that took us nearly 1 hour by foot. The route was into in a higher area. We climbed a steep and slippery mountains that an erroneous steps or out of balance body will make one rolled down the hill and get bruised or I don't know what will be the consequences. We passed 3 small rivers and the newly bulldozed land which might be concreted later. The newly developed road is just near Hubo Falls. May be the falls will be more accessible sooner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb