VILLA JAVIERTO: JOURNEY TO THE PAST


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Metromanila » Pasay City
July 25th 2015
Published: July 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Being in the busy life of Metro Manila during weekdays, I always wanted to balance life by traveling out of town during weekends, holidays and when there are opportunities to do so.

With few research and lots of adventurous attitude, I go to places without guide and without companion most of the time. Traveling alone adds to the excitement, fun and adventure.

It was one weekend when I headed south of Manila. I boarded an air-conditioned bus bound for LUCENA CITY.

The trip consumed the whole stretch of the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), then made an exit at Barangay Turbina in Calamba City, then passed by the municipality of STO. TOMAS (BATANGAS) then the town of ALAMINOS (LAGUNA) and the city of SAN PABLO (LAGUNA), then finally arrived QUEZON PROVINCE passing the municipalities of TIAONG, CANDELARIA and SARIAYA, then passed by a portion of TAYABAS CITY.

After 3 hours of travel, I safely arrived at the DIVERSION ROAD of the capital city of QUEZON PROVINCE.

Then from the main intersection of the diversion road, I boarded a JEEPNEY with signage GULANG-GULANG, the biggest Barangay in LUCENA CITY. Then after about a kilometer away from the diversion road or less than 5 minutes travel time, I arrived infront of VILLA JAVIERTO.

Upon entering the gate of VILLA JAVIERTO, you can feel the journey to a different place. As if you boarded that time machine. Old houses, antique furniture, towering trees, fresh air, and many other things associated with the past.

There is a restaurant, a spa house, antique gallery, narra house and other structures contributing to the relaxing ambiance of the compound.

The ANTIQUE GALLERY has items for sale including old furniture, paintings and various types of ornamental and fruit bearing plants.

The CATALINO'S RESTAURANT inside VILLA JAVIERTO is situated in a ravine overlooking a river and the view Mount Banahaw is enchantingly visible from the window.

The serene and verdant sights added to the resreshing aura of the restaurant.

I ordered HALO-HALO with ICE CREAM worth 90 pesos. According to my research, it is the specialty of the restaurant.

After a few minutes, my order was delectably delivered. Upon tasting, It was confirmed! delicious and refreshing! A perfect break from the usual halo-halo and ice cream.

After consuming the special halo-halo, I went around and took pictures of the amazing surroundings and captivating environs.

The place is open everyday from 9am to 9pm.

I will surely comeback to taste other food and drinks in this newly discovered paradise in LUCENA CITY.

If you love to travel, be sure to schedule a visit to this paradise in Lucena City. After satisfying your hunger, thirst and eyes, it is also the best starting point to visit other interesting places in Quezon Province that I will be unfolding in my future blogs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb