Ilocos: A Sweet Escape


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Ilocos » Vigan
April 1st 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pagudpud - Vigan Trip Feb 29 - Mar 2

A week before our second monthsary she accidentally blurted out the secret destination. A supposed to be surprise vacation to Pagudpud that she had been keeping from me for the longest time, was no longer a surprise. But what we both didn’t realize are the tons of surprises ahead of us that will surely take our breath away.

Going to Pagudpud



An almost 12-hour bus ride from Manila . It was on a Thursday when our bus left at 9:30pm and arrived at Pagudpud past 7am the following day. I can’t remember how many stopovers our trip had. But the last one would be at Marsha’s Delicacies, a delicacy store known for its luscious pudding. Upon arrival, Kuya Lenzer, our tour guide, was already waiting in the terminal. He first dropped us off to Polaris Beach House to fix our things and get at least a few minutes break before he tours us around.

Where we stayed



If you are looking for a cozy place to stay at an affordable price, Polaris Beach House would definitely be the best option. The place is very warm and inviting. Aside from the fact that it’s only two minutes away from Saud Beach, the service is good and even the owners (a couple, Ate Me-ann & Kuya Steve) are very friendly and accommodating. The food is a bit pricey though that’s why it is advisable to bring some snacks or bread to fill up your empty stomachs.
 
Tip: Rooms 14 and 16 are perfect for couples. The only two rooms with a breath-taking view of Saud Beach .

Day 1: A tour with Kuya Lenzer


After an hour of rest, it was time to start our day with Kuya Lenzer. Mind you, he’s more than just a tour guide. In fact, he’s everything-rolled-into-one. He had his share of stories that won’t bore you along the way. And not only that, this guy has an eye for capturing good photos which is really a BIG plus!

Here are the places you shouldn’t miss:


Day 2: Spending a day at Saud Beach



Vigan tour



I have always dreamt of going to Vigan. Before we even get there, the only Spanish-inspired place I knew is Intramuros. It was such a different experience walking along the streets where old houses are built and calesas are scattered everywhere.










Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb