Pagudpud and its Hidden Gems


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Ilocos » Pagudpod
April 17th 2013
Published: April 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saud BeachSaud BeachSaud Beach

Early morning walk at the famous Saud Beach. Voted by Cnn go's top 10 Philippine beaches and " The most beautiful beach in Asia" by Sunday Herald.
We arrived in Sta. Ana bus terminal around 10:00 pm and the driver informed us that the first bus to Laoag, Ilocos Norte leaves at 3:00 am. We have no choice but to wait for 5 hours at the bus terminal. Good thing we have our jackets and mosquito repellent from this awful situation. Fortunately, the bus depart ahead of the scheduled time and picking up additional passengers along the way. The non-ac bus filled up easily with passengers, goods, commodities and livestock.The cargo compartment is already full so they put some chickens and sacks of rice inside the bus. Our bus traveled on a level and winding road for 6 hours at an average speed of 40 kilometers per hour passing Appari, Sanchez Mira and Claveria town via Asian and Pan Philippine highway. We finally arrived in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte around 8:30 am. From the bus terminal, we took a tricycle to Cathy's Homestay located at Saud Beach. The room is spacious, great ambiance, clean and most of all affordable. Why spend more when you can spend less. Homestay's are more affordable than hotel. We just payed P,1200 per night. Here are some images during our trip.


Pagudpud SunsetPagudpud SunsetPagudpud Sunset

Lovely hues combined with the radiant glow of the sun .Truly a majestic sunset experience taken at the eastern part of Saud.

The points of interest where we went to are the following:


• Pagudpud Beach
• Kapurpurawan Rock Formation
• Bangui Windmills
• Cape Bojeador Lighthouse



Please visit my other blog site http://tuklaserangtipid.blogspot.com/













Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kapurpurawan Rock FormationKapurpurawan Rock Formation
Kapurpurawan Rock Formation

Kapurpurawan means "white" when translated. The horse handler told us that it was formed by the forces of nature.This rare rock formation attracts thousands of tourist every year.
Kapurpurawan Ilocos NorteKapurpurawan Ilocos Norte
Kapurpurawan Ilocos Norte

Those horses are for rent for Php 50.00 from the entrance to the site.
Me and my hubbyMe and my hubby
Me and my hubby

Visitors are welcome at the wind farm. There are markers along the road that leads to the turbines. It' s easy to spot and the last marker is right before Baruyen bridge, another marker will be found leading to the wind turbines.
Bangui WindmillsBangui Windmills
Bangui Windmills

The first power generating "Wind Farm" in the Philippines and Southeast Asia . These energy generators standing proudly at Bangui Bay were prominently featured in one of the country’s tourism advertisements, firmly asserting its status as a tourist destination.
Cape BojeadorCape Bojeador
Cape Bojeador

This 100 year old Octagonal tower still functions as a welcoming beacon to the international ships that enter Philippines. It is a cultural heritage structure built during the Spanish Era. The lighthouse needs rehabilitation and hopefully the local government can come up with something.


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb