Bangui, Ilocos Norte


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Ilocos » Bangui
November 28th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My Town

Bangui is the second to the last town of Ilocos Norte, approximately 65 kms north of Laoag, before the town of Pagudpud. Bangui has been left out of the Tourist map for the last decade due to non promotion of the town and it's sceneries. I am making this blog to start promoting our town and get it back in the tourist map of Ilocos Norte. For people who have not been to Bangui, let me make a quick description or picture of the place. The town is bounded on the northern, eastern and southern part by mountains and on the west by the China sea. One can travel to Bangui from Laoag by bus or jitney. The ride usually takes 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours. The fare is 50 pesos. Our town can boast of several sites you may want to visit the first time or the next time you will be in town. We have the Sentinela hill right at the town proper, a hill which overlooks almost the whole of Bangui. The hill was once used by townsfolk to monitor vessels from the sea and to warn of any attack from pirates back in the days. It was also used by occupying Japanese forces during world war II as an observation deck for incoming sea vessels, friendly or enemy.
Next would be the Baruyen Viewdeck, seen just as soon as you pass the welcome arch from the south. The place was just recently developed but was as soon also neglected due to political affiliations of those in power. The place overlooks the Valley of Bangui and it is where you can see for the first time the far yet gargantuan windmills. I can even describe it as the mines view park of Bangui. You can take your pictures with the china sea, the windmills and the Valley of Bangui as the backdrop.
For now, I'll stop there. This is my first post and lots will follow with pictures of those places as well.
For you fellow bloggers, I am humbly asking for your support to promote the beauty that is Bangui.
Please tell your family and friends that there is a place called Bangui in Ilocos Norte. Please tell them, specially your relatives in Bangui to help in regaining the lost glory of our town. I would very much like to hear from fellow Banguinians and would appreciate it very much if you can contact me thru this blog.
Thank you and til next posting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb