Malapascua


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu
December 11th 2006
Published: December 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Malapascua-- an island off the northern coast of cebu.

Although the beach (shoreline) is not as nice as Boracay in Panay, overall, the place is a beauty. Been here a couple of times. It's a nice place to relax and get lost-- runaway from all the hassles of the world.

Best Restaurant:
'La Dolce Vita'. A nice Italian resto in the island. Great Food! The owners, I was told, are Italians (duh!) who comes back to the island every 6 months (never got a chance to meet them).

Best Activities:
Diving. One of the few places in the world (I think) where sightings of Tresher Sharks are almost guaranteed. Mantas can also be seen, especially during the wet months. Also a good place for novice divers as currents are next to none.
Doing Nothing. The island is not yet as develop (hope it remains this way). Not so much activities (and night life).. a perfect place to 'be alone and do nothing'.

Best time:
Been here May, August, and October. I Was lucky enough (thrice over) not to experience any major weather disturbance.

Best Resort:
Cocobana. Good value for money

Budget:
If you're not diving, 5K would get you a long way (including a return transport cost from cebu by bus)





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb