White Water Rafting in the City of Golden Friendship


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cagayan De Oro
September 22nd 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am so blessed to have a work that I love and at the same time enables me to travel and explore the beauty of my country the Philippines. This time again, I was tasked to give support to the Architect-in-Charge of Northern Mindanao-Cagayan De Oro. We will be giving technical assistance and workshp to the Local Government Unit's Architects and Engineers.



Of course, after the work, we always reward ourselves with not only good food but also, something that will enrich our experience and memories in that particular city. Cagayan De Oro is famous for the White Water Rafting, being dubbed as the Adventure Capital of the Philippines. We were a group of 6 good thrill-seekers, Beginners category, who are willing to have that exhilirating experience as we cross the raging Cagayan River. We were picked-up at the Hotel by a service vehicle in going to the station point. Travel time is around an hour from the City. After the orientation, with all the gears, the vest, paddles and helmet, we are now ready for the great and exciting ride. Everytime we pass thru and surpassed a rapids, we shout HI-5. The water is cold and we had a great fun paddling together with the guide. It was a different kind of thrill, paddling and at the same time enjoying the beautiful scenery while cruising the 12KM stretch of the Cagayan River. I will surely try next time the Advance Category. Advance, means more excitement and thrilling experience with the Rapids.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

5 forward5 forward
5 forward

means to paddle 5 going forward
do we still have the energy?do we still have the energy?
do we still have the energy?

After the 12 KM rapids, do we still have all the energy.?
Eat all U CanEat all U Can
Eat all U Can

Having an Eat all U can Lunch at Gaisano Mall


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb