3 Fun Attractions in Boracay Island, Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
December 4th 2015
Published: December 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Boracay is a small island in the Philippines just off the coast of the province of Aklan. You can fly either directly to Caticlan from Manila, which takes about 1 hour. Or you can fly to Kalibo. The latter is cheaper but because Kalibo is far inside the mainland you will need to take into account an additional 2 hour bus ride ($4).

So what makes Boracay island such an great place to visit? I'm glad you asked, that's a great question...

I love this island because of many things actually. It's not just one or a few things that jump out at me when thinking about this island. It's more about the whole package. The many things that together make for a unique island, that you're unlikely to find anywhere else in the word.

So enough with building suspense. Let's get to it...

Here are 3 reasons why you should visit Boracay at least once before you pay the coroner...

Delicious seafood and restaurants




My personal favorite is D'Talipapa, the seafood market in Boracay. But there's a plethora of food choices that you can find across the island. Filipino food is ok, if it's well made it's actually quite tasty, but not as good as other Asian food I must admit, though way better then the food in my own country. There are many other food nationalities represented on Boracay though, so whatever your tastes buds feel like eating on a given day. You can be sure to find something that will satisfy them.

15 beaches very close to eachother




Don't you hate it when you go to a place and then have to drive around hours to go from one beach to another? Well I don't actually hate this, but I do love it that in Boracay the beaches are so close together. You won't have to waste any time traveling to far away beaches and choking from gasoline fumes along the way. Not all 15 beaches are beautiful and worth visiting, but the majority of them are. A delight for beach lovers! You can check out a detailed beach guide on BoracayCompass for more info on this, with pictures.

A 24/7 nightlife




Do you like to party hard? Then you can get your dancing feet satisfied in Boracay for sure. One note though, if you like to party be sure to visit Boracay during high season. That's when the nightlife is at it's best. During low season the nightlife is actually pretty quiet which is a big contrast compared to high season. Either way, whatever your taste, Boracay offers many choices of party venues with some of the cheapest beer in the whole world (starting at $0.70 with the average being $1.30).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb