Living Island Style


Advertisement
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We’ve settled into a groove here and as of yesterday have purchased a beachfront bungalow with a few mopeds, opened a joint called the Sand Bar, enrolled in Filipino language class, and have been taking our catamaran out to sea every morning to fish for our lunch. Okay, well at least the last one is true but the rest of it also becomes such a tempting possibility when you’ve spent a week on Bo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

AftermathAftermath
Aftermath

Recent typhoon wreaked havok in the island.



4th January 2007

Happy New Year
Happy New Year my dear friend! I'm looking forward to sitting down with you with a big bottle of wine when you get back to talk to you about all your adventures. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
16th January 2007

Good for you!
Kumusta ka! I am a friend of your cousin Jim, and I was born, raised and lived in the Philippines until my late teens. I grew up in Zambales province in the island of Luzon. I was in the island of Panay (for the first time) about this time in 1999 (last time I was visited). I went to Boracay and stayed a day and half there after visiting relatives in a town named Durog in Iloilo where my mom is from. Yes, the white sandy beach, the beautiful sunset, the boat ride there, the hut we rented for the night for about $25 then, the open air market, etc. What an experience for you! I tell my friends that I wish teenagers in the USA get the opportunity to travel in a developing country to see how lucky and fortunate they are over here compared to the kids over there. Enjoy the beauty of my home country. The Ati Atihan festival in Panay should be happening about now, right? Take care of yourself.
1st February 2007

Spent Thanksgiving in Boracay last November and it was fantastic. I just might see you there for New Year's... Great blog again!

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 104; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb