Baguio Visit


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
January 27th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I stayed at The Manor - Camp John Hay in Baguio. What a nice property! It was built as a military camp and there’s a big history behind it including military resort, Japanese concentration camp, resort hotel. It is totally beautiful with outstanding views into the mountains/valleys of Baguio. The food was great, the room was very nice, the spa was good as well. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Baguio is an incredibly beautiful place. They call it the City of Pines because Americans planted pine trees, which are not native to The Philippines, up on the mountain. They have proliferated all over the area, and make for a beautiful, different mountain-top setting. My contacts Jevy and Raquel from Sitel took me around on Monday and we visited the Botanical Gardens, a silver shop, Mind’s View Markets, the President’s “The Mansion” (her summer home), a lovely park that I can’t remember the name of with a lake and paddle-boats, lunch at a Mongolian restaurant, and to buy DVDs on Session Street. It was a great tour! The city and the views/mountains are all just amazing. And wow! about that weather. It was cool but sunny, only warming up in the middle of the day, but not the kind of warm where you are sweating. I can see why this is the Philippines Summer capitol - what a change from the Manila humidity. Please enjoy the photos from the day around town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

market at Botanical Gardensmarket at Botanical Gardens
market at Botanical Gardens

markets everywhere in Baguio!
stray cats at Botanical Gardensstray cats at Botanical Gardens
stray cats at Botanical Gardens

there were 3 sunning right there together
Mind's View MarketMind's View Market
Mind's View Market

with jeepneys!
pink-haired horsespink-haired horses
pink-haired horses

there were lots. who knew?
school kids and jeepneysschool kids and jeepneys
school kids and jeepneys

I do love those jeepneys


16th February 2008

some corrections
Nice blog! some corrections though... - it's Mines' View Park- the parl overlooks a former (i hope) mining site - Summer Capital not capitol - there are a couple of pine tree species that are native to the philippines. These trees are found in the highlands. The park you with the man-made lake is Burnham Park, named after an American who made the masterplan for Baguio and Manila during the American occupation of the Philippines. I think he was also involved in planning for Chicago in the U.S.
21st February 2008

Thanks for the corrections/more info!
4th February 2011
more school children

this is very nice.i went to rice terraces its awsome

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb