internet problems!


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Lahore
November 15th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear All
Here in Kot Radha Kishen a town near Lahore in a very tatty internet place!! Having trouble with Hot Mail but this is OK!
Apart from this problem we are fine and really enjoying this whole new experience! And it is new---I still cant believe the variety of transport from posh new cars to horses and carrigges that wouldnt look out of place in a Jane Austen film of Emma!
There are things that wont have changed for centuries--ladies getting water at pumps walking away with pots on their heads,brick works with people making bricks by hand and the bricks being taken away by donkeys,men in flowing robes and strange head dresses squating around a sheesha pipe for hours on end!
Herds of goats and sheep being looked after by small boys with a big stick,buffalo and cows tied up outside mud houses and chickens running all over the place. It is the rural area we asked to be placed in but we were promised internet at Syden Wall Farm which does have many modern things except the internett is not working . They say they are fixing it =inshalla inshalla but Im not holding out much hope at the moment! Please dont let that stop you sending us messages as when we can gey access your communication is very important to us!
We are being fed well and have a western toilet=thak goodness!
Still not sure what the work involves it is difficult to pin the teachers down if they are in school at all!
Sorry no photos this time =system not up to it!
Hope all is well with you all back home
From MR GEOFF and MADAM JANE


Advertisement



16th November 2008

Not a million miles away?
Hi Both, Glad to hear that everything (well almost) is going well so far. We've heard reports of troubles in Pakistan, so it's good to know you're both OK. As for the donkeys, flowing robes and strange head dresses you describe, it sounds very much like the Christmas production which we are on the verge of once more! I wonder if you'll really miss that this year? Just as in your neck of the world, we're still not sure what the work involves and yes it is difficult to pin teachers down - some ought to be nailed down for the greater good... We're missing you at yoga Jane and the numbers are dwindling - this might be our last half term unless I can badger anyone else into coming along. Make sure you don't forget your daily dose of 'downward dog' what with all that good food you seem to be consuming. Have you actually seen anyone or know of anyone practising yoga? I'll pass the info onto Fay before she goes off to Goa for a yoga retreat next year - not that I'm jealous of all these people who fly off to far away places. Got to go and brave Tesco's now, so here's wishing you both a strong internet connection and a guaranteed seat on the western toilet! Love, Tony.
16th November 2008

Good experience at Sydan Wala form
Dear Feoff and Madam jane, Nice to see your your blog. My village is near to Syedan Wala form "Maheen Mar", where my parents and other family lives. I was born in this village and when we were child, were lot of time to Syedan Wala Form in search of Grass etc. (food for our cattles). I studied till 5th class in my village school and then from class 6 to 8th in a nearby Village Ratti Pindi. Of course electricity in this area was installed in 1985-1988 otherwise we were without electricity. Now every body is enjoying mobile phone but till 2000 we have contact through a single line phones in each village. But you will be happy that born in that area, then I am working at Islamabad and I have my own luxury house at Islamabad where I am stying with my wife and children. Still on monthly basis visit to our village to see our parents. Still I feel lot of love with the area and our rural area are so innocent, lovely and hospitality is their culture. Be careful to swing in the nearby water canal as now water will be cold but we spent our days in the water canal during summer vacations. Enjoy you stay and take pure milk and if possible honey also.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb