Pakistan Sufi style


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Lahore
October 18th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The border crossing into pakistan went super smooth,although there was nobody else around which felt super weird it was a complete no mans land.we hung around at the border for the closing of the border ceremonywhich was pretty cool with pakistan rangers somehow managing to kick there hats off!! there was a massive crowd with pakistani songs being played over loud halers and the crowds were so vibrant and colourfull. once the ceremony had finished we headed to Lahore with a million and one other passengers on a tiny bus,it was boiling and we both had to sit in seperate gender areas.we managed to hook up with another couple who were heading to the same hostel so we were able to get there quite easily. the next day in lahore we went to see somee Qwaali sufi singing which involves people wailing and throwing money at each other (kinda strange but kinda cool), then in the evening we went to see the masters of sufi drumming, two drummers play an amazimng beat together whilst the crowd start spinning in afrenzy(greatly aided by the very large amounts of SPECIAL cigaretttes going round,we didnt partake but it still added a little haze to the evening!) anyway then the drummers start whirling around asdwell whilst still playing in perfect harmony,even more amazing is one of thewm was born deaf and harnesses sound vibrations via his abdomen!!!
we were at the drumming till gone one am so the next day was wasted really,lahore is quite polluted so we looked into heading to the mountains.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb