Pakistani blah blah blah


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Lahore
November 15th 2006
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pakistan turned out to be not an easy time for us for many reasons: some so called “outside” ones, and some coming from “inside” of us. Our biggest mistake was hoping that people will leave us alone sooner or later… they never did… Lack of peace of mind was the major negative impact on our perception of Pakistan…When we were setting off on this trip, we were looking forward to meeting new people, but in order to do so, there need to be agreement between two parties…

Unfortunately we havent found this agreement here… at least not all the time, our mistake

Fortunately we have met lots of nice people as well I know - it seems like I’m writing two opposing things. Maybe sometimes tiredness makes you blind and you are not able to notice the true colours of your journey. And I guess now is that sometimes. Beautiful mountains, gorgeous landscapes and many nice people smiling at us, but also groups of men staring at us, too close, too often, telling jokes that are not nice…

But those few people who were waving to us from a distance or from nearby, smiling and being not in our face, those people gave us strength to keep going.

It may all sound very masochistic, but wasn’t so bad :-)



Yes, it was difficult most of the time, but we try to remember only the good moments… These days being here is our daily grind… We’ve been “on the go” for last few months like others are “stationary”. We have our routines, better and worse days like everybody else The only difference is that instead of going to work, we spent days cycling. It’s not better or worse, it gives us an opportunity to discover more but it also has its price… We are discovering everything

The more I look around, the more I’m able to see and obviously I dont always like what I see. Astonishment and enchantment mixed with reflection and weariness. There is great culture here, unfortunately cover with rubbish…

Sometimes I just think that we were not ready for all this… We were not ready for this kind of hospitality, but it’s our problem, not a problem of Pakistani people. Honesty and big hearts Sometimes too many jokes, but what can we do?!

Maybe sometimes tiredness makes you blind and you are not able to notice the true colours of the jungle.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb