Finally Here!!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
August 2nd 2014
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

So after hours and hours of travelling we have arrived!! Within two minutes of being here we saw a wild monkey, tons of poverty, 2 wild asian cows, and were begged at for money by a little girl. It is for sure safe to say we are not in Canada anymore! On that note, the traffic is insane. I mean absolutely insane. There are no lines so it's basically every car, motorcycle and man for themselves. We understand that this is normal for them though which is reassuring (kind of). However when you find yourself playing chicken with all shapes and sizes of vehicle, you lose a little faith.

During our flight we maybe got 4 hours of sleep between the two of us, so we were exhausted when we arrived! We had to stay up to get our induction of Kathmandu, and we met two other female volunteers who had also arrived that day! They are the best! One is from Switzerland and the other Australia! Catherine told them about the family over there, but neither of us remembered where they were in Australia haha! Anywho, we took the tour and got a bit to eat! It certainly is loud here! We were up till 1 in the morning, even though we were exhausted, because it sounded like a DJ was full blast partying right outside our window! And SO MUCH HONKING! Daniel has had about 6 hours of sleep, Catherine about 4! It is now a competition to see who adapts the fastest! This morning we have had about 2 power outages that only lasted a couple of minutes! It sure makes you grateful of the constant electricity we have back home!

Last night we found out that Daniel must look like a drug dealer, because he was yelled at on multiple occasions about buying some cigarettes and drugs! Thank goodness he was around though, because as soon as night fell us girls were clung to him like glue! Again as we mentioned, its very very very different here! We attached some fun photos of our first night/half day here! Enjoy! We miss you all!

We will be spending the rest of the day today touring with our new friends! So for sure we will have some more stories to post! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb