Enjoying life


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The past few weeks have been great. Perhaps its because I haven'tt been sick, or perhaps its because we have been getting out and about in Kathmandu but I am really starting to love it here. Carepackages have been received however tehre are still some stuck at the post officeas I have to pay import tax on them they are so big!!!

Last weekend we spent 2 days and 1 night hiking Shivapuri National Park, just outside of the KTM valley. It was beautiful, and although the trek on the first day waas all UP UP UP the view was worth it in the end. Unfortunately the haze was too heavy that we didn't get to see the himalayas but the valleys were still visible which made it worth it. We ended up hiking with the brits and Veronica, an American we have befriended (all med students).

Tomorrow night we are going on an 8 hour journey to Pokhara where we will be Paragliding and I will spend the rest of the weekend motorbiking by the lake. I am really looking forward to it. Am not eating much meat anymore (only if we go out) as its too hard/risky to cook with meat. Plus its a bit of a put off when you walk by and see a pigs head laying on the counter of the local butchers. Last Friday was Celeste's 24th birthday and we celebrated at a small wine bar that has the best ham and cheese toasties!!!

Am thinking about going to Central America and North America (briefly) upon finishing up in Nepal but am still undecided.. will keep you posted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb