Monkey Temples and Illness


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
May 9th 2008
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well I thought I would write a quick note. We are kinda stuck here in Kathmandu. Becky and I have changed our flights to Thailand but could only leave 2 days early, so we fly on may 13 to Singapore and have an 18 hr lay over then onto Thailand. Patrick and Tyler got flights directly to THailand on the 11th so they get there 3 days earlier than us,but are going to get us a place to stay in Koh Tao and figure out the trains and boats etc so we get there.

We saw a few things around Kathmandu including Durbar Square which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site full of all kinds of temples and such. Then we went to the Monkey Temple (can't remember the accurate name) where the monkeys just roam around...that was pretty cool except that the monkeys eat all kinds of garbage which was sad and a bit gross too. Tomrorow we have a day trip planned as long as all of our tummies are feeling better.

The virtually unavoidable traveller's intestinal affliction has hit us all to varying degrees, with Tyler being the least affected, but has led to a lot of sleep which is working out ok given that it has been raining here on and off the last few days.
A lot of books are being read and also a lot of money spent shopping, which is also another affliction of travelling in cheap countries!

So otherwise nothing as moving or life changing as the trekking was, but thought I would write an update since we are bored and spending a lot of time on the internet (which is very cheap here...about $0.50 an hour!)

Beaches here we come....
Cheerio,
Carla


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb