Rara Lake Trek from Jumla


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Karnali » Mugu
August 16th 2016
Published: August 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Rara, the biggest lake in NepalRara, the biggest lake in NepalRara, the biggest lake in Nepal

The most famous and Nepal's largest body of water and lies in Mugu district the remote Karnali region of the Western Himalaya at an altitude of almost 3000 metres. Ringed with pristine forests of pine, juniper and spruce and flanked by the high ridges of the middle hills to the south and the snow-capped peaks of the Himalaya to the North, the setting for Rara Lake could not be more spectacular.
Rara Trek to most famous and Nepal's largest body of water and lies in Mugu district the remote Karnali region of the Western Himalaya at an altitude of almost 3000 metres. Ringed with pristine forests of pine, juniper and spruce and flanked by the high ridges of the middle hills to the south and the snow-capped peaks of the Himalaya to the North, the setting for Rara Lake could not be more spectacular. Designated a national park in 1976, the environs of Rara Lake are also home to several rare and protected species including Himalayan black bear, musk deer, goral, Himalayan Thar and wild boar. This trek is truly off-the-beaten track, well away from the crowds of the Annapurna and Everest regions. From the high airstrip of Jumla, our circuit trek to Rara Lake travels by way of Sinja the ancient winter capital of the Malla Kingdom and across the Chuchuemara Danda, returning across the Danphe Lagna. For a different and refreshing aspect of Nepali culture quite unlike other parts of the country, this short circular trek to one of the Himalaya's most beautiful and unspoilt lakes, will delight both the first time trekker and the seasoned veteran of Himalayan travel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb