Edit Blog Post
Published: November 3rd 2014
Blog Entry 15 - A Personal Note From Jeff Femrite
Every member of our expedition contributed thoughts, ideas, edits and spelling corrections to this blog. That being said, it is not a big secret that all those contributions ultimately flowed through me onto the pages of this blog.
So I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank some people who made this blog, but more importantly, this adventure possible.
1. Thanks to you, our readers and commentators. Your good thoughts, prayers and comments were greatly appreciated.
2. To Adam and Susie, our Aussie friends and comrades. It's not easy being outsiders joining a group of eight friends, but you did it with good humor, grace and style. You found a place in our group and in our hearts. With great affection ... Thank you.
3. To Scott, Karen, Kris, Tim, Matt, Jim and John, I want to thank each and every one of you for your friendship, your good spirits and your sense of adventure. It would have been a lot easier to sit on a beach drinking Mai Tais ... but not nearly as rewarding.
4. To the good people of Machherma,
Group is welcomed to Hotel Shanker, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal who let us use their Internet to get out Blog Entry 5, letting the world know that we had not been crushed in an Avalanche. You saved our friends and families a lot of heartache. Thank you.
5. Finally, a big thank you to everyone at Himalayan Glacier, especially our guides Giri, Chi-Tra and Prem. You guys made the impossible possible.
I am downloading a load of photos and will try to provide context in the captions.
Improbably, I am going to Istanbul over the week of Thanksgiving. If anyone is interested, starting on November 23, you can follow along at www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Jeffrey-Femrite-Istanbul-2014.
Thank you all again.
Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:saturn w:www (220.127.116.11); sld: 2;
; mem: 1.3mb