20,000 Lakes


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Chitwan
July 16th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning we went to some museums. One was about the Tharu culture and the other was about Chitwan National Park. It was really interesting to learn about the different Tharu ceremonies and ways of life. We got to see some of their tools and cultural dress. The National Park Center had information about all the different animals that live in the park. Supposedly they even have hyaenas! But it's really rare to see them.
In the afternoon we went cycling on 1-speed bikes to 20,000 Lakes. It was pouring rain the entire time which, as I said before, was actually really nice. I think I'm going to love rain after this trip! Going to school in Tacoma won't be a problem afterall! The only bad part was that when we finally got to the lake we couldn't see anything because it was rainy and foggy. The part that we could see was nice though and the ride was nice and it was good just to be outside! But I don't think our clothes are ever going to dry...
On the way back Dan's bicycle chain broke. Luckily we were able to find a repair shop not too far away. So we waited for a long time for it to get fixed and then even after it was fixed it kept coming off. Eventually we got it to work, but it made us get back a lot later than we were supposed to. We saw the sunset as we were riding back and we went to the river to see the very end of it. It was really nice!
We bought some pineapple today because we are seriously deficient in fruit! It was alright, not great though. We even get better pineapple in Alaska! Supposedly pineapple in India is amazing though so I'm looking forward to that!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb