Attacked by donkeys and monkeys


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having some issues with animals this holiday it seems.

Walking along a narrow path, sheer drop to one side and the side of the mountain the other, heard the bells of a caravan of donkeys approaching. Flattened myself to the mountain side, but the donkeys had huge panniers and I was knocked right over into the mountain. Ouch. Alongside my bruised bottom, I now have a massive bruise across my right hip. Sounds pathetic though doesnt it? Got knocked over by a donkey. What next? Chased by a tortoise?!

Then a bit later, walking with Douglas, we looked up to see 4 or 5 monkeys all looking down at us, about a hundred feet further up/ The funny thing was though that they REALLY DID look as if they were checking us out and busy doing something. We didn't have long to wonder what they were up to, a few seconds later a rock the size of a dinner plate missed Douglas' head by inches. Followed by a hail of small rocks - we were being stoned by monkeys!!!!! Escaped unscathed but a bit nervous of monkeys. And donkeys.

Got to Chamje to a really nice lodge with a fantastic shower (re-defining rthe word fantastic here, at home it would clearly be horrific). AND - (cue tears of joy and much squealing from the female contingent) a sit down toilet!!!!!!!! OK it has no seat - but I am quitely hopeful that there will be some joy in the lower colon area soon.

Funny how you can meet 14 strangers who after only 3 days are all intimately concerned with each others toilet habits. Everyone rooting for each other. A hopeful expectancy when I come out of the loo, with sympathetic noises and 'better luck next time' encouragement as I shake my head dolefully. Mind you, its really difficult trying to go to the loo with that amount of people waiting outside. Really puts you off your stroke....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb