Team HAC Takes On 300km of Nepali Flat


Advertisement
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
November 28th 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

High Altitude Cricket: The Next Frontier The world of cricket has been stagnant too long. No major advancements have been made in the game in recent years, excepting of course any advancements that have been made, and something needed to be done about it. Enter Team High Altitude Cricket, or HAC for short. The mission was simple: to play cricket at any altitude higher than Australia. It turns ou... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 202, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Road to Kag BeniThe Road to Kag Beni
The Road to Kag Beni

The Mustang valley region looks totally different to the Manang valley which is on the other side of the pass.
Kag BeniKag Beni
Kag Beni

Fortunately, we didn't have to climb the path on the opposite side of the valley.
Nepali Dining InstitutionNepali Dining Institution
Nepali Dining Institution

Can I please have a big-yak and four chicken yak-nuggets?
Inside the Old TownInside the Old Town
Inside the Old Town

Kag Beni has somehow been very well preserved and is in almost a perfect version of its original state from 500 years ago.
Upper MustangUpper Mustang
Upper Mustang

You need special permits to walk this way. Apparently, the region is still ruled by their own king who is separate from the Neplali royal family.
The Walk to JomsomThe Walk to Jomsom
The Walk to Jomsom

There were fossils to be found in this riverbed and we spent quite a lot of time breaking stuff and digging around looking for them. We had some small success, but Raj managed to find four really nice fossils.
Local PlonkLocal Plonk
Local Plonk

Raj put on a special Nepali dinner for us in Marpha. Good Dal Bhat, popcorn, local brandy and local cider. Unfortunately, the alcohol was more suited for cleaning engines than for human consumption.
DhaulagiriDhaulagiri
Dhaulagiri

In the mountain range just beside the Annapurnas lies this mountain. At 8167m, it is the tallest mountain visible during the trek.
Dhaulagiri From BelowDhaulagiri From Below
Dhaulagiri From Below

Viewed from the floodplain of the Kalla Gandaki river.
If It Grows Naturally Next to the Road, then it Can't Be Illagal, Right?If It Grows Naturally Next to the Road, then it Can't Be Illagal, Right?
If It Grows Naturally Next to the Road, then it Can't Be Illagal, Right?

When Marjie asked me about pot-plants, I thought she was referring to plants growing in pots.
Ben Also Made it ThereBen Also Made it There
Ben Also Made it There

Celabratory craziness.



22nd December 2007

Nothing compaired to Tazzy
Top story... I am sure that we will all hear from Ben how he saved the day on more than one occasion.... I can hear all the Donkey stories now.... Some one needs to take some round up for those weeds... looks like an infestation. Stay safe and merry X-mass to all.
23rd December 2007

"the bee didn't stand a chance"
Matty, you must be desperate for a MATTY IS FAT comment, re: sitting on a bee. A half-dozen situation-appropriate jibes spring to mind immediately and I never even got into the whole thing. I can only imagine how many more opportunities the situation presents for the highly trained Matty-is-fat commentators. Have a great Christmas etc...!
27th December 2007

Bridge Broken
Have just heard that one of those bridges you cross has collapsed.. Understand it is a bigger one but due to the name and location in the news I could not recall if you were in the area.. Stay safe..

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb