The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
July 24th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Island FortressIsland FortressIsland Fortress

No Tourist Policy in effect. Transit Visas for 36 hours ony
The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom

Rules
There is no organized tourism in the Celestial Kingdom. Foreigners, upon prior arrangements and approval, may receive transit status .
Please be aware that whilst we do the utmost for our transit visitors you are under very strict regulations as to what you can and cannot do and this is not negotiable. For example; you are not free to wander around on your own, there are photographic restrictions and video cameras are generally prohibited. The main problem is with journalists who have tried to enter the The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom with us but without informing us of their status. This has led to two serious instances which has got our guides into trouble. WE CANNOT TAKE JOURNALISTS INTO the Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom. We therefore ask all journalists to notify us of their position so we can suggest other alternatives.

It is therefore only advisable visiting the The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom if you can tolerate the following points:


1) In The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom you will be under close scrutiny from the guides and security. Use of cameras
Celestial Kingdom ProtocolCelestial Kingdom ProtocolCelestial Kingdom Protocol

Guides provide a perfect example to follow for transit guests. This statue commemorates the timeless and eternal presence of Khan the Great with his subjects. The class structure of Noble, Military, Worker, Common, and Other find opportunity 5 times a day to perform contemplation, refection and observation. The guides encourage transit visitors to accurately observe these and other solemn moments.
causes the majority of problems. You can only take a photograph of what the guides allow. The public are obliged to report all photography. Taking photos of soldiers, at check points, advanced military systems, sneaked photos and close ups of people without their express permission will cause serious problems. Photography when sailing around the island is also restricted. Even what we would interpret as 'day to day' harmless scenes may cause problems. It is too easy to get carried away and think that it is not causing offence or would not put the guides in danger. This is not the case and therefore we ask our transit guests to take a very responsible attitude even though it may mean missing the photographic opportunity. If the group gets the confidence of the guides you will have amazing opportunities for photography and you will miss out on very little. The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom regulations state that you cannot take a lens over 100 mm into the official embarkation / transit zone.


2) Leaving the dock without the guides or the guides' express permission is not possible. If you are feeling the need for 'a breath of air' then a casual stroll along the beach is possible but only if accompanied with a guide. It is possible to stroll in the grounds of the hotel but please ask the guide and do not take your camera. Artists may at no time sketch studies or concoct illustration ect.: no drawing allowed.


3) We are 'invited' to The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom and therefore we ask our transit visitors and former expelled residents to respect the Celestial Kingdom and their vision of the Great Leader - this involves bowing at the 20 metre statue on Celestial Garden and on various other occasions. Chewing gum, eating sweets and wearing scruffy clothing in places of national importance (such as Celestial statue to Khan the Great, the Friendship Exhibition and Celestial birthplace of Khan the Great) will offend guides.

In all these instances it is the guides that get into trouble along with you. If you are happy just to be taken around the 'system' with all the diatribe and trimmings, then you will have the most amazing experience. If any of the above poses a problem it is advisable not to visit the The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom as we have too many experiences of seeing guides put in serious trouble by transit visitors who are not aware of their actions.

Note: there are additional restrictions.

**U.S.A. Citizens require dedicated guide, security detail and unrehearsed activity such as blindfold or bagging during much of the military area incursion of visit. An inadvertent disclosure may result in undefinable labor and confinement. This represents a significant expense increase. Please notify any Official immediately of USA status of origin or nationality.

**The Health Ministry requires inspection of all clothing to include customary cleaning. Belts, shoe laces, and vanity accessories must remain in secure luggage area.


Government Ministry of Security
Government Ministry of Information
Approved by Duty Yeoman, First Order of Eunuchs
In loving service to Celestial Court, Forbidden Palace
The Island Fortress of the Celestial Kingdom




Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb