Sain bain UU Mongolia aaahyeaah!!


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

China was fun in the end!! Got to Beijing on a nice long train but managed to find a bed so was anything but a rough ride!
My couch when I got there was pretty sweet, and met up with a sweede so we teamed up to take on this crazy big city! Was a pretty relaxed time other than the Mongolian visa. 1st day at the office, no, massive cue, twice the price coz its a Monday go figure! 2nd time at the office I arrived an hour early to make sure wwhich was fine but had to pay twice the price to get it back in twice the normal time.. great so had to spend twice the time in a lovely busy, polluted city with spitting locals everywhere!
2 amazing trips to the great wall made beijing better tho, one of the best hikes I possibly ever done, rock climbing vertical wall, fire and booze on the top, didn’t see a single person all trip but did get lost 3 times wehey! Trip 2 to the wall wasn’t such a challenge but did see a top class sunset so very worth it
Struggled to find a train but my new aussie firend lilly hooked me up! So we had a train to the border as it was a 6th of the price of a tourist ticket gambling that we could blag a continuing ticket at the border, and yes it worked!! Out place was sweet to, was so surprised. Had a cabin to ourselves, tea and kettle, window, 4 beds! YES!! Was a very comfortable ride haha.
Moniglia is very cool though, after everyone putting it down saying UB is fully of pickpockets and tourist haters its nothing like it which made it so much better, weather here has been great clear blue skys since being here. Caught a parade with the most important people in Mongolia and little groups of performers from each district with dances, throat singing, and lots of music.
Lilly did manage to talk me round into doing an incredible adventure, which really wasn’t all that hard! So the plan of action.. take a bus as far into the country as possible, buy horses and wonder the mountain and lakes in the middle of nowhere for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intially it was proving to be difficult until was found a local contact who had the answer to every question going! We went to the black market to buy all gear for horses, cooking, and clothing ourselves! Tomorrow we leave with out mongol friend 20 hours north west where he has a couple of contact who will help us by 3 horses and send us on our way! The landscope and terrain looks amazing with 3000m peaks dropped between huge lakes and fresh rivers. The only thing to do now is learn to ride a horse! And not just any horse, a Mongolian one hahaha should be fairly interesting but its guna be one of the craziest trips around!!
So ill be off the radar for about4/5 weeks, if no ones heard from me or I don’t make it back to England for my birthday.. come find me.. please!! Ill be in khatgal, Mongolia!! No more plans after this trip other than making it home so this will be the last anyone will hear from me.. hope youve enjoyed the blogs, see you soon and love to all! Get warmed up for the large amounts of parties for my return to the motherland!

Take care, stay safe, ill to what i can but most of all i love to you all especially my mother =D JB x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb