9 Glorious Days in the Gobi Desert


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The GangThe GangThe Gang

About to embark on our awesome journey!
Hello my peoples!

Just got back from 9 days touring the Gobi Desert and Central Mongolia. In a word? AMAZING. There is nothing that I can mentally compare to the astounding beauty and mutability of the Mongolian landscape. We experienced forests, lush grasses, bleak plains, flaming cliffs, ice glaciers, golden sand dunes, and the more atypical desert landscape you might expect. All in all, the Gobi is an amazing place that cannot be defined or explained in any adequate form.

But I'll do my best :-)

Next time that is. Not enough time to go through the whole thing at this moment but no worries! It will be up very shortly and in the meantime I leave you with some pictures!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

OvooOvoo
Ovoo

Our first Ovoo!
Oren and the HorsesOren and the Horses
Oren and the Horses

A band of horses out to graze. Mongolian horses are half-wild and are only brought in when needed for their owners or for tourists to ride. As a result? They make for EXCELLENT fun! :-)
SteppeSteppe
Steppe

A view of the magnificant emptiness all around. But even in the emptiness, life has found a way to survive and even flourish.
The Flaming CliffsThe Flaming Cliffs
The Flaming Cliffs

Totally reminds me of certain places in the US. Simply beautiful.
CUTE!CUTE!
CUTE!

Mongolian children hanging out at a Petrol station. Have to wonder... where are your parents?!
ValleyValley
Valley

Beautiful valleys leading to "Vulture Gorge," site of the Gobi glacier.
The Glacier ItselfThe Glacier Itself
The Glacier Itself

Weird to remind yourself that you're still in the Gobi Desert. What desert?!
PUPPY!PUPPY!
PUPPY!

A very cute and sweet Mongolian pup who hung out with us on our last night.
Our Last CampOur Last Camp
Our Last Camp

At the foot of beautiful mountainous upheavals.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb