You don't have to think ...


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
January 18th 2015
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 Well, hi again from Laamu Atoll. Headline News ... Sea grass has come ashore on the beach over night, locals are busy clearing it up. Not much else to report actually !!! This place is amazing. The island is no more that 500 meters by 150 meters and managed by Six Sense Resort. It has water villas located on the ocean side and beach villas on the lagoon side. Going bare foot around the island is encouraged and dress how you want, There are also bikes for guests to use to get around the island, in fact resort staff use tricycles to carry towels, etc. for rooms. Golf buggies, wooden hand carts and people walk and drive on the left down the leafy lane, all very civilised. In the heat of the day the wooden piers that connect the water villas to the shore get hot so there are small clay water barrels every 50 paces to cool down your feet, they think of everything. On arrival we met Regina, our dedicated GEM (Guest Experience Member) who looks after our needs and helps with any problems we may encounter. We have a villa attendant that services the room twice daily. Apart from the usual towel changes he also comes in to makes sure the mosquito net is down and around the bed, all shades are closed and our slippers are by our bed. Well it's time for an ice cream so we are walking to the parlour and choosing any of the 42 flavours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Doris the door signDoris the door sign
Doris the door sign

Eyes open to clean room, eyes closed privacy observed.
the leafy country lane the leafy country lane
the leafy country lane

In the morning the locals sweep the leaves to the side.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb