Things to do in and around Malacca


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
June 30th 2017
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Don’t go on a packaged tour and don’t go alone to Malacca! That was my first thought when I came to Malacca. It was only a temporary stop on my trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, but it has really become one of the best destinations on the trip.

Malacca, also known as Melaka, is a busy port city that is home to many major traders in the world. Due to the effects of war and the shift of the economy, this place has become an ancient and peaceful land.

Come here, I am amazed by the ancient city. The bus dropped me down in front of Red Square, also known as the Dutch Square, where visitors are busy with pedicabs decorated with colorful cartoon characters. The music players were dancing and singing very activly.

Especially, the small alleys along the Jonker Walk are so beautiful. These little alleys are paved with red brick, the walls are white, there are resting chairs, with ornamental pots around.

The special thing has not stopped. On the walls there are a lot of unique and interesting paintings, make you lost in another world, peace and strange, where always bring surprises.

Many people who go before me often do not like Malacca because to them it is quite boring. In fact, people in Malacca are very comfortable living, they do not have to make too much money so even if a famous tourist landmark, people often get up late, the shops normally open for sale in the street at noon.

And of course with guided tours you will never be taken to special places here. If you want to feel the individuality of this city, do not go on tour and do not go alone, let your friends explore the streets, the food.

Useful Links: Jayavarman Cruise · Mekong Eyes Explorer · RV Mekong Pandaw


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb