Ipoh


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
January 5th 2002
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Langkawi at 7am - we were glad to leave our hotel! Luckily we got on the 7:30 ferry back to the mainland and got to Ipoh early afternoon. Our plan here was to go to Cameron Highlands as Lonely planet told us this is the main travel hub for visitors to the area. It would appear that in the last six years things have changed and people now go directly to Cameron Highlands which means Ipoh is a bit of a ghost town.......we were the only white people there! Our hotel was find though, the staff wanted to be helpful but couldn't really help us as the only English he seemed to know was 'bus' and 'taxi'.
The next day we went to Cameron Highlands on a VIP bus - traveling in style! The journey up was an activity in itself with great views of the mountains and jungle. We went to see a very grumpy travel agent who told us that only one tour was running today as nothing really opens on a Monday...we decided to go it alone. So we walked off to find some jungle trails....unfortunately nothing is really signposted so we ended walking around a housing estate before heading back to the bus via Starbucks.......not our most successful day but KL tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb