Teman Negara - Trek


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 13th 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

About a year to this day I was treking through Chaing Mai in Thailand and I thought that was a great place to go trekking. After trekking through Teman Negara, it is clear that this place is simply much better and a harder more rewarding trek. To reach the place of the teman negara involved a 5 hour bus drive from KL and then a 3 hour boat ride on a small little wooden boat. After the epic journey we booked into our hostel and headed for a much needed dinner by the river side. Truly a great place to have dinner.

The next day we would be treking for 2 days, very excited to do this. We ended up having a great local tour. And we were joined by 4 other trekkers. Not your typical trekkers, they were actually 40 - 50 year old Eastern Europeans. So it was an interesting mix of people to say the least. The trek was pretty easy really, but we did go at a slower pace because of the elderly people. Being a smoker, I didn't find it hard at all to do the trek, actually it was good. Every piece of rubbish or equipment we took into the forest we had to take out, so taking out cig butts wasn't the most pleasant thing to carry. Before we got to our destination we knew it was going to be a cave but we didn't realise that it was going to be quite the site that we saw. It was huge. It was great, fire place in the middle of it and relaxing by it after a big day of trekking. After the fire finished and everything like that, a nice green smoke to end the night off was in order and it went down a treat for me. I was probably the only person to sleep the whole night. We were on the floor of the cave with only a thin mattress and whilst the others found it difficult to sleep and got next to no sleep, I was fast asleep in the land of dragons, if you get my drift.

So regnerised the next day we set out for the rest of the trek. The others were tired but continued, I was buzzing with excitement and lots of fuel. Everyone was good at treking by the end. The riverside stop was amazing, we needed that so badly. The heat in the forest was sweaty to say the least, so having to cool off and have noodles on river bands was great. When we reached out pick up boat, we went via a local village and tried out bamboo pipe shooting. I was so close to the target! And then we took another hour boat ride back.

When we got back. SHower! And then food! After we ate we joined up with some of the local guides and indulged in alot of alcohol and other things. Fantastic. Sitting by the river side with the locals enjoying as they played guitar and sang into the early hours of the morning. Perfect trek and out of city experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb